Children’s Summer Reading Club – Fizz Boom Read!
Fizz Boom Read! – Children’s Summer Reading Club
For children ages 3 – 6th grade
Saturday, June 14 – Saturday, August 2
How the program works:
- Children ages 3 – 6th grade can sign up for the Children’s Summer Reading Club.
- To sign up, fill out a form available at any Warren Public Library branch starting June 14.
- To complete the form, read 25 picture books or 10 chapter books to recieve a free book and pool pass and be entered in drawings for other prizes, including t-shirts, book bags, stuffed animals, Detroit Zoo tickets, and a bike
- When complete, return the form to the library branch where you signed up. Pick up another form, keep reading, and return that form for more entries in the drawing!
- All forms must be turned in by Saturday, August 2, 2014.
We picked up the forms and began to fill them out and we discovered the were additional requirements to qualify such as “Attending TWO Library Programs”? and that all the books had to be Library books? Are these real requirements? The Librarian did not mention them at all.
Hello Carl and thank you for your comment. During summer reading we encourage the books read to be library books, but if some are not that is ok. Regarding the program attendance, this is not a requirement, but will if you attend programs you get extra entries into prize drawings.
Thank you for you quick response.
Hi I’m wondering is there a get together this year?? Are kids not getting pulled for prizes each week?? Thanks
Hello Candice! Prizes have been awarded for children each week. The Dorothy Busch Branch and Civic Center Library also had closing events this week. There still are many events for children happening this summer! You can following this link for a list of all library programs: http://mi.evanced.info/suburban/warren/lib/eventcalendar.asp?ag=&et=&df=calendar&cn=0&private=0&ln=ALL.