The Suburban Library Cooperative and the Warren Public Library will soon be switching to a new Integrated Library System (ILS) that manages our online library catalog and as well as circulation and patron management.
Our new system is Polaris, by Innovative. The new online catalog interface is called Vega.
Because there is a significant amount of data to migrate between systems, some common library activities, such as lending through MeL, as well as placing holds, will need to be suspended for a brief time. The current timeline for this migration is below.
Beginning September 1 Patrons will not be able to place holds on physical items. This includes items in our cooperative, as well as MeL items. MeLCat holds will be unavailable until November 1, 2022. Delivery between libraries will continue. Major eResources, such as OverDrive/Libby and Hoopla will be unaffected by this change and will continue to operate as normal. September 14-September 21 Our current catalog software will go offline. Staff will not be able to answer questions about patron accounts, such as current checkouts, item due dates, etc… Patrons will still be able to checkout and return items. Patrons must have their library card to borrow items. Checkout via other means such as a driver’s license will be unavailable. Items checked out with a due date prior to September 14 will be extended to October 4. Items returned during this time will be checked in when the new system goes live on September 22. Items will be backdated. Some digital resources may be unavailable during this time. OverDrive/Libby and Hoopla should remain active.
- The library’s new Polaris software will go live.
- Most services, with the exception of MeL lending, will go live.
- MeLCat requests are expected to resume.
These dates are subject to change.
My PIN number for my library card account does not work in the new catalog. Why is this?
- Unfortunately, PINs for library card accounts did not transfer from our old catalog to the new catalog. To access your account, your temporary PIN is the last four digits of your library card.
How do I update my PIN?
- To update your PIN, click Log in at the upper-right of the Vega catalog homepage. Enter your library card number. Enter your PIN in the Passcode box. If the PIN isn’t being accepted try the last four digits of your library card (see above). Click Log in. Click your name, and then from the drop-down click your name again. Click Edit Profile on the right-hand side, then scroll down and click Change PIN.