Suite of Britannica School resources at three levels – Elementary, Middle, and High. School code is mel5. Each contains resources at the appropriate learning and skill level including primary sources in subjects such as people, countries, science, animals, current events, and biographies.
Britannica School – Fundamentals
Designed for preK – early elementary school age students. Play and read to learn letters, numbers, shapes, animals, and more.
EBSCO eBooks K-8 Collection
The eBook K-8 Collection contains titles chosen to support a quality learning experience for K-8 students across all subject areas taught in elementary and middle schools, and content aligns with Common Core Curriculum Standards (for participating U.S. states). The collection also features a selection of teacher resources to support educators and administrators. Full-text titles: 12,450+.
Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
Grades PreK – 5. Bilingual resources – visual dictionary, world of animals, encyclopedia articles, and Spanish language newspapers.
Middle Search Plus
Middle school magazines and reference books including thousands of biographies, primary source documents, over a million photos, maps and flags. Subjects covered include history, current events, science, sports and biographies. Total titles indexed: 200+; Full-text titles: 170+.
Novelist K-8 Plus
Find just the right book by subject, age, awards won, Lexile Reading levels, State standards; even books made into movies, and much more. Read reviews and learn about the author.
For Kindergarten through 3rd grade. This content subscription database includes access to the Animals and Social Studies modules of PebbleGo. PebbleGo boosts engagement and fosters independent learning in core subject areas. With informational articles and ready-made activities, students of all abilities are supported.
Children’s magazines, easy-to-read encyclopedia entries, and an image collection designed for elementary school libraries. Total titles indexed: 115+; Full-text titles: 95+.
Tutor.com provides on-demand tutoring, homework help, test preparation and writing assistance for students in grades K-12 in over 40 subjects. No appointment is needed. Tutors are available 12:00 pm – 12:00 am. You can also use their practice quizzes and SkillsCenter Resource Library to study 24/7. Login with your library card number and PIN to get help today!
World Book Early Learning
For pre K – grade 3. Follow Trek and Taffy the cat around the world learning about colors, numbers and other fun things. Strengthen reading foundations with stories, activities and videos. Explore the Know It encyclopedia designed especially for early readers. Includes materials for educators.
World Book Kids
For PreK- grade 5. Contains nine content categories: Pictures and Videos, World of Animals, Activities, Maps and More, Games, Important People, Compare Places, Science Projects, and Dictionary. Also includes support and educator sections.
- School Districts
Meals for Children During School Closure
- Comcast – Free access to Xfinity wifi hotspots and more.
- Everyone On – Find low-cost Internet service and computers near you
- HighSpeedInternet.com – Affordable Internet Resources
- Amazing Educational Resources
- Audible Stories for Children
- Boom Learning
- New! – Discovery Center of Macomb (links to educational online courses, videos, and more)
- Highlights Kids
- New! – Huron-Clinton Metroparks Virtual Programs & Activities
- Khan Academy
- Kids Discover
- Learning A-Z
- National Geographic Kids
- Michigan History for Kids – access with username: MHK and password: 1234. Available through June 30, 2020.
- Michigan State University: Educational Resources for School Closures
- Oxford Owl for Home
- PBS Kids
- Phonics Hero
- Scholastic Learn at Home
- Scholastic Parents
- Squiggle Park
- Switch Zoo
- TIME for Kids
- Unite for Literarcy
- Virtual Field Trips
Virtual Storytimes and Activities
- Storyline Online – Books read by different people & celebrities
- #OperationStorytime Social media hashtag featuring authors reading their stories online. Romper.com has a collection.
- Laurie Breaker Band – 10 AM on FaceBook
- Josh Gad (Voices Olaf) – Evenings on his twitter @joshgad
- Mac Barnett – 3 PM on Instagram Live
- Oliver Jeffers – 2 PM on Instagram Live
- PenguinKids – 11 AM on Instagram Live
- HarperKids – @ noon they will post things to keep you entertained
- Dan Gutman – 2 PM on Facebook
- Jarrett Krosoczka – Learn to Draw 2PM on Youtube @studiojjk
- Mo Willems – Learn to Draw 2PM on Youtube
- Quarantine Art Club w/ Illustrator Carson Ellis on Instagram @carsonellis
- Other activities, including activity sheets:
- Mad Science – easy STEM activities to do at home
- Today Show: How to homeschool during the coronavirus crisis with free resources
- Lonely Planet Kids Activities
- Yoobi.com Activity Sheets
- Epic! – digital library of books aimed at children under 12. It is free for educators, and you can join free for 30 days.
- The Florida Center for Reading Research – free activities to do with children.
- Khan Academy Schedules – Sample homeschooling schedules
- Amazing Educational Resources – list of educational resources. Also has Facebook group.
- Adventures in Familyhood Virtual Field Trips Guide
- Virtual Field Trips
- Cincinnati Zoo Home Safari – (via FaceBook)