UPDATE (7-22-20): The Warren Civic Center Library, Warren Dorothy Busch Branch, and Warren Maybelle Burnette Branch are now offering curbside pickup of library items. The Arthur Miller Branch will be offering curbside pickup soon. All locations are still closed to the public until further notice. Exterior library drop boxes remain open at all locations for item returns.
UPDATE (6-19-20): The Warren Civic Center Library has started offering curbside pickup of library items. All locations are still closed to the public until further notice. Exterior library drop boxes remain open at all locations for item returns.
UPDATE (4-23-20): All Warren Public Libraries will remain closed until further notice. Exterior library drop boxes will remain open for item returns. All programs, meetings, and room reservations are canceled during the duration of this closure.
For information due dates, holds, etc… please see “Information About Holds, Due Dates, Card Expiration” below.
UPDATE (3-13-20): Per Mayor Fouts, all Warren Public Library locations will be closed to the public beginning MONDAY, March 16 through at least the end of the month. Exterior library drop boxes will remain open for item returns. All programs, meetings, and room reservations are canceled for the remainder of March.
Library staff will still be reporting to work during this closure and will be taking phone calls from 9am – 5pm, Monday-Friday if you have questions. See this page for library contact information.
Information About Holds, Due Dates, Card Expiration (updated 5-11-20)
1. Mobile Hotspots (updated 3-25-20) – All T-Mobile Hotspots can be returned (this one time) to the library’s drop box.
2. Holds – Holds are not able to be picked up while we are closed. Because we are checking in items that are returned you may receive a message that your hold has been made available. Please be aware that while you can’t pick it up while we are closed your hold will be available to you when we reopen.
3. Items that were not picked up – If you were unable or didn’t want to pick up items that were on the holds shelf over the weekend those items will still be available to you when we reopen.
4. Due Dates (updated 5-11-20) – Due dates on Warren Public Library materials, as well as items from other Suburban Library Cooperative Libraries have been extend to June 1. Items through the MelCat interlibrary loan service are due back June 1. Please check your account online, give us a call, or use our automated renewal line at 877.270.1273 to check your account.
5. Library cards that were set to expire soon have been extended to June 1, 2020.
On March 10, the first 2 cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Michigan, in Wayne and Oakland County. Administration at the Warren Public Library is actively following developments of this outbreak and is committed to the health of our patrons and staff.
What is the library doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
- Increased cleaning efforts of high-touched items, including public computers and door-handles.
- Removal of non-essential items from public spaces, such as toys and games in our children’s areas.
- Placing additional signs in high-traffic areas and restrooms about the importance of covering coughs and hand washing.
What you can do to help?
If you are feeling ill, please stay home! Please call your local Warren Public Library Branch if you have questions your account or item returns.
What about library programs?
All library programs in March have been cancelled, effective March 12, 2020. Please watch this page, website, and social media for information.
If you can’t make it into the library, we have a variety of digital resources, including downloadable eBooks, eAudioboks, music, comics, television, movies, and TV shows available to you that work on a variety of devices. Please visit our Digital Resources page for more infomation.
Please visit the following websites for more information about COVID-19: