The Warren Public Library currently offers two services that provide eBooks and eAudiobooks, OverDrive and eBooks on EBSCOhost (formerly NetLibrary). For access, click on the logos below. OverDrive eBooks and eAudiobooks can be downloaded to your computer, or can be directly downloaded or transferred to your portable device including eReaders and smartphones.
You must have a Warren Library Card to access OverDrive.
General OverDrive Help:
- OverDrive eBook and eAudiobook Brochure – Warren Public Library
- OverDrive Help website
- List of OverDrive compatible devices
- OverDrive Video Tutorials
Device Specific Instructions:
- Black and White eReaders (1st Generation Nook, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Readers, Sony Readers)
- Amazon Kindle and Kindle App
- Android Smartphones, Tablets, and Color Nook
- Apple Devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- OverDrive Read Tutorial (works with PCs, Macs, many tablets and smartphones – no special software required)
-Come in 3 different formats: Kindle Book, EPUB, and Adobe PDF.
-Need to be downloaded to your computer or device to be viewed.
-Are not always available. They are checked out and put on hold like physical library items.
-Can be transferred to eReaders. Click here to see a list of supported eReaders.
-Come in 2 different formats: WMA and MP3.
-Need to be downloaded to your computer or device to be listened to.
-Some eAudiobook titles are always available.
-Are checked out and put on hold like physical library items.
-Can be transferred to a variety of devices. Click here to see a list of supported devices.
For an overview of how to checkout and download OverDrive items, see the Download Digital Media Guided Tour.
You must have a Warren Library Card to access eBooks on EBSOhost.
eBooks on EBSCOhost
-Are viewed directly online within a web browser and are not downloadable.
-Are always available.
-Cannot be transferred to eReaders.